Clicking noise when parking

Hello,

Do you have any idea what can it be?

I already checked it with 2 dealers and they were not able to identify the issue and everything looks good.

It looks like that spring is not broken, struts are ok, and all rods are also tight and there is no freeplay.

I dont know what to maybe just ride and lets see i hope it will not broke.

On Video there is a click noise around 2s and at the end there is a cracking.

thanks

Can you check your steering ball joints for us pls? Could be play or broken rubbers in the ball joint itself. Did you check the strut tops because the spring will often break towards the top and destroy the strut tops in the process (never seen it on a MK3, but the MK2's we've owned all broke their springs in this place).

Have you also identified which side that noise is coming from?

Finally, can you recall some rough ground you went over and the car started making this noise? It might also be worth getting your car 4 wheel aligned and tell the technicians to check for any steering component damage. 

Steering ball joints looks ok (on wheel side) - no free play, nothing damaged

Some joints were lubed in dealership

I think that the clicking the noise is comming from steering rack or from lower part  and not from the top of the springs.

The struts are not clicking, springs looks ok, i was touching the spring when it was doing this noise and the spring was not clicking, vibrating, but i will try it again. car is not leaning to one side so i think the spring is not broken.

I noticed this noise right after geometry alignment.

How can i check if the spring is broken or not without removing it?

Could something cause serious damage? 

1 hour ago, Benji11 said:

I noticed this noise right after geometry alignment.

Yes - okay - I suggest you take it back to the folk who did your steering geometry and get them to check again as it sounds they haven't aligned up something properly.

2 hours ago, Benji11 said:

Some joints were lubed in dealership

I didnt know that bull***t was a lubricant.

The squeaking noise that I hear on the video is the sound of the tyres being rotated on the painted workshop floor, maybe there is a clicking that I cannot hear.

1 hour ago, varaderoguy said:

@J.R. - listen 2 seconds into the video - there is fairly pronounced 'clonk'

Thanks, will do.