(not so) Superb Personalisation Settings

Hi, 

I have what I think is the MIB3 unit in my 2020 Sulerb iV. I've pretty much given up with the personalisation settings due to difficulty in assigning users to the keys (the option is not avaliable in the menu so you have to follow a given procedure which is so incredible temperamental). I'm now just using the memory button on the seat to sort the seat and mirros

Is there a way to disable the welcome menu when it asks for you to select a user? It takes a good 30 seconds to load during which time I can't do anything in the headunit! 

The MIB3 is frankly so full of bugs, I'd wait for updates...my gge says an interim one at end of this month, big update Sep. Lots of comments on this and other (eg VW) forums, but issues include random SOS calls, and frequent restarts enroute. Like you I hope they get rid of the 'select user'...in any event it sometimes does that...and sometimes not!

Mine was a right pain when I first got it (6 month old ex-demo). It didn't have any previous 'personalisation' so that wasn't the issue. To start off, I had to go through the hassle of waiting for it to offer the personalisation options every time the 'ignition' was switched on. 

Eventually, it has settled down and recognises me by name (!) on the VC every time (famous last words) I get in. I am the only diver so it doesn't have to cope with much thinking of options.

For my short 4.5 mile commute, I normally leave the MIB3 in standby mode (clock showing - thanks to others on here - hold the on/off 'button' down to get it into standby. Then whenever I do switch the MIB3 on, it does now accept it is me and I'm the primary user, so all I have to do is to hit 'ok' - no options. It does feel the need to tell me I'm being stalked due to the privacy settings - which seems to happen regardless of what settings are set!

So, perhaps give it a chance to settle down - it worked for me! The car remains brilliant in all other aspects.