Clutch Question

Hi All Iv just bought a Skoda Fabia 1.2 TSI with 2014 with 42k on the clock which is low, I just want to ask about the clutch it feels slightly high at biting point, the pedal is very springy and gears are fine no judder and picks up quick. I just would like to ask if the higher clutch bite is normal ?

iv came from a Fiat which the clutch was lower on bite. Any advice ? 

1 hour ago, Boyracer44 said:

I just would like to ask if the higher clutch bite is normal ?

I've not driven your car, but my experience is that a high clutch is quite normal on hydraulic clutch VAG cars.

1 minute ago, Boyracer44 said:

Hi The Clutch do feel normal yes… there is no slip or nothing .. it just feels high.  

Well, there's your answer (sort of); you have a different car, and it would be more of a surprise if the clutch felt the same as on your old smoker.

Most likely normal... As you say the clutch does not slip, it is just a case of getting used to it. To be sure about slip though, drive up a hill at a set speed, put the car in a higher gear and then try to accelerate quickly, in the higher gear. it will either pick p slowly or the engine will rev, with little increase in speed. Eventually, the car will pick up but you will know for sure the clutch is on its way out and if careful, you could drive for ages like that!