What tyres did you get?

4 hours ago, zetzet said:

Wheel caps are center caps, they are probably mentioned separately, because you can buy them separately to replace broken/lost ones.

Agree on this one. Wheel caps are the plastic thingies over the bolts.

1 minute ago, timster said:

Agree on this one. Wheel caps are the plastic thingies over the bolts.

Skoda should word it all better so also when translating it should be beter understood. In my case the dealer does not know and has to inform himself, so still waiting on that.

They should say - Wheel center caps , - Bolt cover Caps.  then it is clear as day. The Vela, vega stuff should have been tought over better and make the same possibilities.

1 minute ago, soussi said:

Skoda should word it all better so also when translating it should be beter understood. In my case the dealer does not know and has to inform himself, so still waiting on that.

They should say - Wheel center caps , - Bolt cover Caps.  then it is clear as day. The Vela, vega stuff should have been tought over better and make the same possibilities.

Well removable "aerodynamic wheel covers" are not very common. It's quite normal to think they don't exist :)

• 4 months later...

For those who got a car with Goodyear Supersport tires.  What they have shown you in terms of endurance?  In the spring I will buy new 19 "tires so I am in doubt which tires to choose, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, GY Asymmetric 5, Potenza Sport? Can anyone give a first hand recommendation?

Edited by Bomber987

Hi Bomber . GY F1 SS up there with PS4S , Conti 6 downside , they wear fast on the VRS. Mine are just at 3mm with 8.5k.

I replaced the fronts yesterday with F1 Asymmetric 5's due to better wet handling. I would also look at the Hankook evo 3 , just came first in an autocar mag test. The Bridgies are getting good reviews but ive never had a set that i liked. 

All in all 4s can t go wrong , save some cash A5's the only noticeable diff would be on track  

• Like 1

On 09/01/2022 at 21:33, Greezy56 said:

Hi Bomber . GY F1 SS up there with PS4S , Conti 6 downside , they wear fast on the VRS. Mine are just at 3mm with 8.5k.

I replaced the fronts yesterday with F1 Asymmetric 5's due to better wet handling. I would also look at the Hankook evo 3 , just came first in an autocar mag test. The Bridgies are getting good reviews but ive never had a set that i liked. 

All in all 4s can t go wrong , save some cash A5's the only noticeable diff would be on track  

7.5k miles has seen less than 1mm reduction of tread depth on the F1 A5's i've got on mine, so project that across a worst case scenario i should be seeing at least 22.5k (if i had any intention of having the car that long at the moment) on these before needing to look at replacements.