About to buy a used Superb Estate - any tips?

iamspong

Hi everyone, I’m about to pull the trigger on a used Superb Estate mk III. It’s a 2.0 TDi SE Business with 52k on the clock,

I’m pretty sure it was a lease car in its previous life and was bought by the dealership from auction, so there’s no service history available. 

Are there any specific things I should look out for today? Known issues with used models of this type or just general advice greatly appreciated, as I’m new to the used car market myself. 

thanks in advance! 😊 

2 minutes ago, iamspong said:

Hi everyone, I’m about to pull the trigger on a used Superb Estate mk III. It’s a 2.0 TDi SE Business with 52k on the clock,

I’m pretty sure it was a lease car in its previous life and was bought by the dealership from auction, so there’s no service history available. 

Are there any specific things I should look out for today? Known issues with used models of this type or just general advice greatly appreciated, as I’m new to the used car market myself. 

thanks in advance! 😊 

Hello. Basic thing is to check the service history is up to date and all the required work has been done, especially the DSG oil change if it's a DSG equipped vehicle.

Often you find that the service has been done, but some of the expensive maintenance has been skipped.

image.thumb.png.2a217ffc5cc81d48148bbf5bce61b6a6.png

• Like 1

Thanks mate! This is useful, I’ve asked the dealership to give me an itemised list of their service and I’ll cross reference this to get a price reduction if possible. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, iamspong said:

Thanks mate! This is useful, I’ve asked the dealership to give me an itemised list of their service and I’ll cross reference this to get a price reduction if possible. 

And even if they won't drop the price, they should at least do the work. :)