Raceseng weighted gearknob

Don't seem to be many options for the VAG manuals. Boomba racing and Black forest industries seem to be the main known ones. Not keen on the design of those though so ended up getting a Raceseng as I'd ordered one for my other car too and they look great.

Very easy to install. Shorter height, much chunkier and massively heavier than stock. Plus looks great too and aids shifts - not that it needed it TBH. Think the gearboxes in these MQB cars are really good (and I've had plenty of snickety manuals).

IMG_3887.JPG

Edited by DC04R
  • Like 2

Looks great! I got the Forge Racing 'Big Knob' in black 😏 (awaits forum moderation...) a while ago after a fair bit of searching around , which massively improved the whole shifting experience.

Totally agreed that VAG manuals are pretty smooth with a nice shift action, and having a weighted (and slightly squatter) stick makes it even better.

The Forge version is phat (I think wider than the Raceseng), but weighs in less at ~350g. I wasn't even aware of Raceseng until a few months' back, they have some good choices! Especially as I think the Forge BK may now be discontinued.

The only issue with mine has been rubbing away the anodized black coating with my thumb ring, although that'd happen with most controls unless in natural finish. That, and if you leave uncovered on a sunny day, it needs genuine cooling with a damp towel before you can use it.

The red goes well with the rest of the interior and isn’t in your face, nice and subtle. I like it! 

Makes me miss having a manual. I loved my short shifter and weighted knob on my ST.

Sorry to go off topic but who did your steering wheel - Royal Steering Wheels by any chance?

On 31/08/2021 at 21:35, CookieMonster87 said:

The red goes well with the rest of the interior and isn’t in your face, nice and subtle. I like it! 

Makes me miss having a manual. I loved my short shifter and weighted knob on my ST.

Sorry to go off topic but who did your steering wheel - Royal Steering Wheels by any chance?

No mate it was done by a bloke I use for my cars in Crewe, who used to be a trimmer at Bentley. Snappy is his forum 'name' on other forums, don't think he'll be on here.