Car for sale: FOR SALE SKODA OCTAVIA VRS MK1

octaviavrs170

FOR SALE SKODA OCTAVIA VRS MK1

Hi and welcome to my listing for my beloved Skoda Octavia mk1 vrs

Its a 2004 Skoda Octavia mk1 VRS in black magic. MOT till October 24th 2022. It’s done 125k miles and will be used daily for work so except the miles to rise.

I’ve owned the car since 2016 and its never let me down. She goes well and no expense has ever been spared on her. All parts that were changed have come from TPS and GSF. I have paperwork and receipts for the majority of the work that’s been done and most of the parts that have been changed. The only 2 major issues I’ve had has been to replace the steering rack and a new genuine fuel pump both bought from TPS. When the car WAS off the road it was only because i had the brakes rebuilt by BIG RED in Worcester and it took 6 weeks for the calipers to come back. Things that have been done to the car in the years I’ve owned it:

New timing belt and water pump done @ 116k miles

Regular oil service every 6k miles using genuine oil and filters

K+N panel filter

Genuine spark plugs, pollen and fuel filters and new coils done by a Skoda recall in 2018

New front and rear vented grooved and dimpled brake disks and mintex pads and refurbished calipers

Front braided brake hoses and new genuine brake fluid

AP 35 mm suspension kit and polyurethane bump stops

Full milltek stainless steel exhaust and 200cel sports cat non resonated system

R32 23mm front anti-roll bar with power flex bushes

neuspeed 28mm rear sway bar (freshly powder coated) including a full new hardware kit from Awesome GTI

4 new ABS sensors

4 new hubs and wheel bearings

2 new rear stub axles

Tinted windows all round with  Team Heko wind deflectors

4 new AVON 225/45/17 tyres done recently less than 4K miles ago

New steering rack and new genuine fuel pump both from TPS

I have receipts for majority of the work done and it hasn’t had any expense spared. Unfortunately is the time where i need to part ways with the VRS and with a little love from a new perspective owner, this car could be living to its full potential. So here is some things that are wrong:

Rear bumper has a small hole in the bumper as seen in the pictures

The nearside front wing has a dent 

The sills are bent due to jacking points like cheese and bloody mechanics jacking it up on the sills after being told not too

Some small rust patches on the bottom of the sills at the corners of the wings and on the bonnet corners. At the moment just surface rust but in time will get worse if not attended too

The engine needs a good steam clean and detail due to oil leaks from the rocker cover i believe And the interior needs a deep clean and valet

The car has an intermittent fault where the driver door lock wont open on the key fob but will on the key. Diagnosed as door lock motor

Not sure what is causing the power to hold back (not massively and no codes ) but believe it be a boost leak and cannot find the cause. Don’t have VCDS either to diagnose but believe it could possibly be the MAF, map sensor or the N75 valve. 

I am genuinely sad at having to sell this car but i just cannot afford to run her. Its been the best car I’ve had in a long time and yet again is a testament to how well made Skodas are.

I will not sell the car to just anyone. I want this car sold to an enthusiast or someone who will enjoy it. The price I’m looking reflects what i believe it to be worth however i will accept offers around that price so please serious buyers or interest only.

• Advertiser
    octaviavrs170
  • Date
    02/09/21
  • Price
    £1,300
  • Category

Edited by octaviavrs170

• 1 year later...

text.txtHi folks.

Unfortunately i need to sell the car. I’m moving home and need to sell soon. I desperately want someone from the owners club to buy the car because i don’t want just anyone to buy the car. It’s had no expense spared as per above description and needs someone with the enthusiasm, time and money to make this car a minter again. 

Car sailed through its MOT this year and needed nothing to pass. Check on MOT checker and you will see the last few years worth of passes. 

Please help me sell this car. Now for sale for a very very cheap £1100 OVNO.

Edited by DeanVRS20VT
Personal info removed.
  • Thanks 1

On 21/11/2022 at 10:59, Ttaskmaster said:

Can you post some pics or refresh the advert? It's currently not showing...

When i try to refresh the advert it wont do it as I’m not a paid freedom member anymore. I’ll see what i can do. 

The only things wrong at the moment are:

There is a kickback on the brake pedal as you come to a stop. Not a massive kickback but is noticeable. Possibly a faulty abs sensor but no light or any lights on dash. Nothing on MOT.

There is yet another leak from the boot. Not massive but nonetheless a leak.

It slides into 1st gear. Possible synchromesh. 

Too good a car too scrap or give to some wee yob to completely ruin. We all know how good these cars are so help me out folks and buy a cracking project.

IMG_0086.JPG

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ttaskmaster said:

Asking for a friend, as he's seen mine and looking for a new car himself.

Thanks for that.

It's a good car but unfortunately needs must. In reality i need the price advertised so if he wants it and he can travel then let me know. I can sort out a coach ticket for him from mereoak park and ride if needed and pick him up from plymouth coach station. My email and mobile number is listed in previous post. 👍

Edited by octaviavrs170

• 6 months later...

Folks the car is still for sale. Ive had to move home but not been able to sell the car. Still in Plymouth and moving away in October to join the Royal Fleet Auxiliary.

Description is still as above post and MOT runs out October time. I want it gone but wont accept silly offers. £1100 OVNO as it stands now. If anyone is interested in a bargain for a future classic then call me or WhatsApp me on the following:

<removed for safety/spam) (Please use PM)

Edited by DeanVRS20VT

• 2 months later...

Car still for sale. 

£750 with no new October MOT

£900 with new October MOT

If car not sold then we buy any car will get it and if they give me crap money then I’ll scrap it.

Pick up a bargain

Edited by octaviavrs170

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Dean locked this topic