WASHER FLUID MOTOR

Mckenziea

Hiya, just got accessed my fluid motor as water was leaking out and it looks like as if the motor has popped out at one end. Is this as simple as it looks by just popping the black end back into the white as all the pipe connections look fine. Can I do this by hand?

9A414917-4667-4822-8385-6D036655CB84.jpeg

yes - that's the diverter valve (the motor spins one way for front and the other for back screen and the valve blocks the pipe to the relevant other screen). In theory you should be able to pop that back in but it might not last...   so a new pump and motor might be on the cards

10 minutes ago, skomaz said:

yes - that's the diverter valve (the motor spins one way for front and the other for back screen and the valve blocks the pipe to the relevant other screen). In theory you should be able to pop that back in but it might not last...   so a new pump and motor might be on the cards

Yes I’m trying but seems tough, nothing will break if I try to pop the other side out soo and then try to pop it fully in whilst being straight this time? Just as one side is jammed in that The pressure I’m applying isn’t doing much.

11 minutes ago, Wino said:

Try it, but I should think it will be easy. 

Yh I’m trying, it’s challenging at the moment. Do you think I’ll be able to remove the whole side and then pop back in with it all straight as right now as one edge is jammed in it’s tough to push the other side in

It may be that the valve element (effectively a disc with a silicon seal arrangement, has also moved and 'rotated' within the drum of the valve preventing you getting it pushed back together.  may be worth pulling it apart completely and checking / trying again.

As you got that far, found the loose part etc, taking it out, cleaning it up a little and assessing how to refit it seems the only option. (As Skomaz said). 

Again, if you can't fix it, push it on as much as you can and bit by bit, wind some GOOD quality duck tape (Or duct tape, etc). Don't be tempted to flip on cheap pound store rolls as the glue will almost certainly soften over a short space of time. The better the tape, the better the job will be. It IS gonna be a bodge but wrap a little, then build it up until either you can't detect a leak or you can't fit more tape on and cross those fingers and operate the wash/wipe.

It may just get you going for a while and some bodges last an eon!

You will know if and when it leaks again.