Electric Tailgate sometimes fail to open

Dulli

So the electric tailgate has worked fine for the amount of time that I had the car. Like one month. 

But today it failed to open, and made a few beebs. 

It tried though, but got "stuck" almost from the beginning. So I had to close it again, and help it open and then it moved by itself. It's closes fine. 

My guess would be that one of the struts are broken or just getting tired. 

Doesnt seem like the insurrence I bought will cover that specific part. 

So do you guys know where I can find the part, without getting ripped? Or do you have any suggestions? 

Best Regards 

Edited by Dulli

https://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Octavia_5E/11-2017/Manual/Octavia/A7_Octavia_OwnersManual.pdf

Go to Page 67 on the PDF / Page 65 in the manual- just check this is not an object being detected that is stopping it from closing.

If you go to the section of adjusting the opening height of the boot, to stop your boot hitting the ceiling. You might have pressed the boot opening button by accident to stop the opening at a certain height.

Reset the height open adjustment.....

You can get a scan yourself.  See threads on VCDS owners near you or you can get an ODBEleven for your phone and scan that way.

Structs (full electric versions) - are stupid money - about 800UKP or around 900EUR each.

So mechanic said there we no failures. 

Haven't had the issue again although a often hear that the car has issues opening the tailgate. 

Is the old struts fixable some way?