Bladdy Wing Mirrors

hey all, long time lurker here, but this is the 3rd time ive experienced the EXACT same issue with these poxy wing mirrors.

i have a 2010 MK2 fabs with manual wing mirrors.

the repeated issue i'm having is that the plastic swivel/base that the mirror sits on, breaks where the cables are resting - i.e. where the cable stops are, the plastic surrounding it snaps off (coz its super brittle cheap ******* plastic) thus, the cable outer is no longer trapped and then pushes the mirror into an awkward and unusable position.

the culprit to this issue is highlighted in the images - however, this isn't my biggest gripe. my gripe is that i cannot seem to find a source for just this part and at £45 a pop for a whole new fecking mirror, i'm not interested in buying any more....so im reaching out to see if anyone has bodged this part successfully so that i can just fix it and move on (permanently)....

not sure how i can bodge it so that i can still feed the cable through and slot the inner cable end into the slot - unless i just glue the bladdy things in place maybe??? im thinking epoxy resin would do it - since i need to anchor the metal in place....

anyways, i guess this is probably the solution that would sort me out best and i could just apply it to all three cable stops to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Once ive glued it, i'll post some more images up and hopefully if someone else is having this issue, they can try it out too and not fork out 50snids :)  BTW - this bodge will only mean you need to remove the door card and unscrew the adjustment knob housing to slacken the cables in order to get the cables in position before gluing it all in place.   Hopefully the pics i upload will show this in enough detail :D 

105613505_wingmirror-expld.JPG.78ed9c2348bea14bafefd8b83e0c0009.JPG192591305_wingmirror-broken.JPG.dbe4c6bbcaa63d15bd8afd2d335dad54.JPG100237292_wingmirror-broken_02.JPG.16247664a2553ea0d4fae8adc0625122.JPG

update: too tricky to glue the cable ends in and have a working mirror that still functions so i've removed the cables and taped it up around the bevel/swivel bit.  this is an attempt to keep the mirror in place (so when you shut the door or go over a bump it doesnt flop around or fall out) but also, it does allow a small amount of wiggle to adjust. but i doubt it will last long (especially wet/humid weather)...

glorious.

654693866_wingmirror_tape.JPG.3ec11b581792e7df3f1f9f41ab7cbe38.JPG

Might have been an option, to swap out manual mirrors for "Leccie" Ones... Not seen this issue happen with them as of yet! I would assume someone here has made that change over and know the pitfalls. The benefits speak for themselves.