Kamiq/Fabia opinions?

cjb

Hello all. I've not posted for a good while, but renewing my Freedom membership has motivated me.

I last owned a Skoda in 2008- a Fabia vRS Mk1, which i loved, but my worsening back condition forced me to a Seat Leon TDI DSG, then a Scirocco TDI DSG; I had a long commute so I needed diesel, the back problem meant I needed DSG/Auto, and my short driveway means that the Leon at a shade over 4.3m long is the longest car i could have.

I've now had to sell the Scirocco, as the back condition has got worse again, and I need an adapted car (with hand controls). I don't qualify for Motability (PIP), so I'm financing myself. I have a strong preference for VAG group cars, and will be buying secondhand. Budget is "as little as I can get away with", but I want low mileage as I will be keeping this car for some time- I had the Leon for about 9 years, and I'd still have the Scirrocco if I had that option.

Essentially the requirements seem to mean a choice of the following:

Fabia/Polo/A1/Ibiza (my OH has an Ibiza, it's great but a bit too small for our main car, which might exclude Fabia)

Kamiq/T-Cross/Arona

Leon/Golf (Octavia is a shade too long to fit on the drive)

I want at least 100BHP/ton, and nothing *too* dull. My commute is still long, but hopefully not every day now, so i reckon petrol (1.5TSI) is in the running. I'm not in a huge hurry as I still have to get my licence back from DVLA, but that should just be a formality.

Anyone have any thoughts, especially any Kamiq owners?

Have you considered the Karoq. 

We have had several Yetis, then went to Octavia and Fabia but found them a bit low. We did test drives of both Kamiq and Karoq and decided to go for the Karoq. It's only the 110bhp SE but it seems fine for what we need.