Dog Guards

Bigdrive

I’m looking at getting a dog guard for my new Karoq SE Drive and would be interested in hearing recommendations. I’m currently considering Travall or Guardsman, both look sturdy but not sure about the fixing arrangements. The Guardsman appears to be easiest to install, but looks as though it’s held in place by the rear seat back locking mechanism, which I’m not sure about. Any comments or recommendations would be much appreciated. 

I have two dogs. A viszla and a collie cross and I have a TransK9 crate specially fitted for them in my Karoq.   It fits like a glove and is very secure They are based in southern Scotland but provide a slick operation I've had it for four yeas now and cannot fault it. try surfing for Transk9.com. Good luck.

Great crates and well worth the money , if you are going for a guard then the travail,are the best, personally I prefer a crate, no chance of the dog escaping in an accident 

10 hours ago, Oszkar said:

I have two dogs. A viszla and a collie cross and I have a TransK9 crate specially fitted for them in my Karoq.   It fits like a glove and is very secure They are based in southern Scotland but provide a slick operation I've had it for four yeas now and cannot fault it. try surfing for Transk9.com. Good luck.

I have always used Travall guards (as a load guard, not dog!) and always found them excellent, in both fit and quality.

I have bought one for my new Karoq, but haven't fitted it as yet.

I like it that you can still use the load cover and put the seats down with the guard in place.

• 1 month later...

I have the genuine Skoda Dog Guard specifically for Varioflex seats (57A017221A)  picked up on EBay for £75 - brand new and boxed. Fitting may deter many, dealer quoted £300+ to fit!

Came with full instructions and templates to mark where to cut holes in the roof lining and boot trim. I just needed to buy a 25mm hole saw and I already had a rivnut tool (Bottle cage inserts on my bike). Pre-drilled holes in roof and boot sides. Fitting took me just under 3 hours taking each step very carefully and the only downside was a stiff back from lying in the boot! Ibuprofen sorted that!

It is a quality piece of kit, solid as a rock and absolutely no rattles or creaks. Unlike some of the aftermarket guards it does not intrude into the boot floor, the retractable boot cover remains in place and fully usable and the guard can be removed completely in a couple of minutes via 4 knurled knobs.

My Karoq is a ten year keeper, like my much loved Yeti and I think that probably swung the decision. We use a crate in the Fabia, which we used to swap between cars.