RallyDay- Castle Combe

barney_b

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've spoken with the organisers and they have advised me of the following:

The last driver briefing is at 10am, you must attend a driver briefing to be able to go on the track.

They had massive queues to get in last year and some people did miss their track sessions because of the delay, therefore they recommend getting there as early as possible.

So do you want to shift the time we meet or do you want to leave it at 7.30am (or as near to as poss)?

Good shout as I just checked the track time, one ticket is for 9.30am, the other for 11.20.

Decron & FlatFour you might want to decide between you who wants which allocation..... Let the fight begin.....:P

Good shout as I just checked the track time' date=' one ticket is for 9.30am, the other for 11.20.

Decron & FlatFour you might want to decide between you who wants which allocation..... Let the fight begin.....:P[/quote']

Not too worried. The car will perform better earlier, but it would be nice to get settled first.

Well I'm sure we'll sort something out, none of us will be awake at 7.30am anyway!

Nigel has done a recce and has reported the area hasn't been setup yet. I might pop down in my lunch break and see if I can see where we're parking.

A night of washing and waxing tomorrow, god my legs will look good! :P

ewww errrr :eek: lol

Hosepipe ban in my area so my car will be dirty dirty dirty!

Would you like to borrow some water?

Doing mine a bit later, although i have just fitted my new track day wheels (Ones I don't mind getting wrecked) and I am not sure about them....

Well I'm sure we'll sort something out' date=' none of us will be awake at 7.30am anyway!

Nigel has done a recce and has reported the area hasn't been setup yet. I might pop down in my lunch break and see if I can see where we're parking.

A night of washing and waxing tomorrow, god my legs will look good! :P[/quote']

Ian

If you can not do a recce I will have a look tonight at 6 ish and past when i get home what i fined.

I will probibely get there at about 10 ish see you all tomorow

Nigel

hi all

I had a stop by Combe to night

you will need to enter by the pit entrence which is the second open entrance

you then need to go left and we are half way down on the right

Next to the skoda owners club

see you tommorw

Nigel

Would you like to borrow some water?

Doing mine a bit later' date=' although i have just fitted my new track day wheels (Ones I don't mind getting wrecked) and I am not sure about them....[/quote']

had a drive about to find a jet washer that is open, no such luck so mine will stay dirty! :o

Cheers for checking that out nigel. We're at the bottom end of the paddock, still less distance to Quarry! I think they set up the rally course along the main straight and it ends around avon rise so we're not far from that either!

Hose pipe ban, er..... I used 9 buckets of water washing my car (3 to wash off any debris, 3 to actual wash with and 3 to rinse), I do wonder if a hose pipe would use less water! Mine's all waxed, it feels lovely and smooth.

I know morrisons has a car wash but I think it's the brush type.

Anyway early start tomorrow, any probs finding me (shouldn't be hard to find a silver Furby vRS with German number plates in a fairly empty car park!) give me a bell on 07711898250.

Ps. Morrisons has cash machines should you need them.

Just wanted to say thank to all for coming along. Hope you all got home safely.

I had a great time despite being drenched, it was a real shame about the weather!

I have some group pics I'll post up tomorrow.

Now for a hot bath and off down the pub for a pint (or three)!

Twas a good day with a great bunch of people.

Lots of stuff to see, some serious hardware but none as serious as the two black soot beasts that went out on the track :D

Amusingly whilst waiting in the pit the Scooby owner behind me showed his concern about the smoke that my car was producing when I pulled in and suggested that i might be burning a bit of oil.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that was all it burnt :P

What also surprised me was the reaction the Fabias got from Joe Public, a lot of people walking round the cars and even asking questions about tuning etc. (Although I think the most popular comment was "Look a the size of the boot, my mum is thinking of getting one of these)It was all really positive!

Here are a few choice photo's

evo1.jpg

evo2.jpg

Mikko1.jpg

IMGP0490.JPG

IMGP0492.jpg

IMGP0432.jpg

IMGP0531.jpg

IMGP0535.jpg

IMGP0526.jpg

A full selection of the photo's can be found at The Eggwan Gallery

Hi all

What a good day

It is not rallying if its not raining and we got it by the bucket load

I hope no one got to rusty

It was good to see different cars I have ether owned or dreamed of owning

It was good to meet every one a nice little turn out by Briskoda with 2 Fabias on track.

My THANK go to Ian for organising this Meet

Nice spot at the side of the track

Guys & Gals, no worries.... I'm glad you enjoyed it, it was nice to have a small gathering that people visiting the event seemed to take a geniune interest in.

Some cracking photo's Martin, mine are pretty poor in comparision!

Nice to see me dry, considering I spent most of the day soaked (lesson learned...never listen to a welshman's weather forecast! :P )

Quote of the day by Martin "It's only water...", very true but there was an awful lot of it! I got soaked again in the second downpour and that was enough!

Chris did the Evo WRC convince you to get one then???

Perhaps I'll see some of you again @ Trax.....

looks like you all had a good day... was going to come down in the Racing Puma but couldn't in the end..... hope you all went and had a good look at the ones that were there ;)

Strange... no pics of pumas on here, no pics of skodas on the puma site!! Anyone would think you'd been to a different event LOL