Rear screen

Widescreen

Hi, on my 1.5tsi SEL YM2020 my rear heated screen is not working and I dont think I have ever tried it before ( strangely). The Amber light on the switch works so I'm suspecting the main fuse No 53? . Before I drop the glovebox does anyone know the fuse size please.

Many thanks for your reply.  Visually the element looks ok. The switch is on a separate fuse No 7 I think, probably operating a relay? So the next step is I will have to check the fuse. If ok its off to the dealers.

Another mad guess...  you don't have any additional 3rd party accessories such as a Dash Cam by any chance?   The reason I mention this is because many installers will use a piggy-back type fuse holder to power it. And from memory, that rear screen fuse is in the ideal location / the correct amperage. 

Yes indeed and I appreciate your comment. Its a dashcam but I think on fuse 47 and the dashcams working OK. Only going to solve it by looking, maybe tomorrow.

Just refreshed my memory on dropping the glovebox so should only take a few minutes. I will post my finding ASAP. Thanks 

Little update, the fuse is number 53 and is rated 30amp ( green).  The fuse was ok so its at the dealers at 2pm who think one of the connectors at the screen may have " jumped off". The connectors are not visible behind the trim so I will leave this to them. I hope this is the case or we will be into warranty work.

• Like 1

Well the dealer put a meter on the rear screen and its working and indeed you can smell the element heating up. I can only guess therefore that by removing the fuse and re- seating it has cured the problem. Maybe it was not fully located in the holder slot. Anyway all is good and the dealer promises a full diagnostic if the problem shows up again. Excellent service from the dealer I must say. Thanks kodiaqsportline for your comments.

• Like 1