Skoda Yeti - Removing the Glove Box

oldstan

I've seen a previous, quite old, thread about  this and did, earlier today, add to it with my own further query but it doesn't seem to have manifested itself in such a manner that people would see it so I've taken the liberty of starting it up again here.

Any thoughts from anyone who has succeeded in getting the glove box catch off will be gratefully received.

Ta.

I've just been through this getting to the heater blower and once before fitting tow bar electrics.

It's caught me the first time!!

Left hand drive shown

It's tricky to get the screwdriver to get the little catch that lets the cover slide off to the left on RH drive car.

yeti-252.png

Thank you for the response.

I'll look again but am not confident I'll find the tab given how long I was looking last time.  I had a mirror up there and shone a torch light on to it and just couldn't see a "tab" that looked like it was gonna release the cover.

But I'll try .... and am grateful for your advice.

It is fiddly as there is very little to catch with the screwdriver. try to lever it to the left at the same time. It will just go ..

There are pictures that may help in this guide by Great Yeti:-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_PHfAZM-GYCZmE3ZWJhOTItZWRjNC00NTdiLTg3MDctMjhiNDMxOWRiYzEy/view?hl=en_GB&resourcekey=0-9gAGuZnk-9t5rSphfThhuw

• Like 2

Just this minute succeeded. Whilst trying to find the G Spot to release the tab I used a large screwdriver to exert a little push on the cover in between the cover and the main part of the dash so that if and when I did find the release tab the cover would spring over  - and it did - with a satisfying little "snap" sound.

Added some grease to all the sliding surfaces plus I found a little spring in the toolbox, trimmed it down to size and added it to the existing spring to give the two sliders a bit more oomph. The original spring looks quite weak given it has to operate two sliders and overcome the friction of the mating surfaces etc.

Both protruding prongs now catch their respective holes and the lid now closes (and holds) 100 times better than it did.

Much obliged.

Edited by oldstan
  • Like 3