Enyaq Skoda supplied dog guard

SusansDad

Hi, I have just had a Skoda Dog Guard fitted to my Enyaq and was told by the garage that it required special tools to fit (plastic rivets apparently, 6mm and 10 mm) and it seems that you need these special tools to remove it if necessary.  I may wish to do that in the future if I need a larger space to transport anything in there boot.  Does anyone know where I can acquire this tool to purchase.  The garage did say I could borrow there's if needed but I would rather have to hand anytime I needed it

.862871844_Screenshot2022-01-19at19_12_58.png.7f26a8dc9a6d2281a9009c424fa01336.png

Thanks Nicky_P, good advice unfortunately I was trying to get my car ready for delivery and at the time Skoda was the only one advertising for the Enyaq. With hindsight I would have waited as with purchasing and fitting it cost twice as much as TRAVALL costs.  We live and learn.  Happy motoring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc Davison said:

How is the fit on the Guardsman? Does it rattle at all given it's only held in place by the seat catches?

As there is no Travall guard yet it seems like this is the best option right now.

Thanks

Marc

Fits perfectly and no rattles.

• Like 1

No rattle whatsoever, very tight, snug fit but not easily removed. Yes my previous guards for ICE cars were Travall and they were more than adequate but not in production yet.   The car model is too new, ha ha.  sorry the link you posted was for Travall and I thought they were in production. 

The garage that said you could borrow theirs, did they not suggest where you might source one from, or share with you where they got theirs from?

Did you grab a photo of the tool? That might make finding one via an online search easier...

Hi silver1011, it was dark when I picked the car up and to be fair the Skoda garage were helpful and I'm sure I can borrow theirs.  Yes I will take a picture of it for future reference, good call.

• 4 weeks later...