Front door panel gaps different widths on both sides

Mavver

Hi I’ve recently purchased a citigo colour edition 18 plate I love it  I traded it in for my old Audi a1 and I can honestly say I’m very impressed with the whole car mines got the auto climate control and the swing audio system which is if not better than my old Audi a1 anyway enough citigo kudos  I’ve noticed today after owning after 2 weeks that the gap in the drivers door panel is larger than the passenger door now I know the car hasn’t been in a bang and repaired  but I was just wondering could of it of cake like this from factory  cheers Pete 

No, I expect not - the factory is pretty good about measuring "fit".

Your door is out of adjustment. Possibly seals have been moved, or the striker plate on the A pillar has shifted (or the latch mechanism in the door perhaps). Easy to deal with but you will need the right tool to adjust it.

Something like this, if I recall correctly, "triple square" https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003LKDG2U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Hard to tell from a 'flat on' angle, but looks as if the door may need pulling in a tad.

Take it it a local independent - they'll probably charge a £5-10 or so to adjust it - it takes 5 mins unless there is a real fault.

Edited by freemansteve

I'm not suggesting a smash....  It may have moved out of adjustment if not fully tight, and possibly someone pushing against it from the inside with a bit of an impulse if sticking out. Hard to see if it's sticking out or in though !

If it's sticking out, and if you bodge the door slightly with your hip, around the edge area near the handle, from the outside, does it move in a few mm's? If so, it can be pulled in a bit - it's trivial. Same (in reverse) if the door is sub-flush.

Edited by freemansteve

Ok cheers but mines a 18 plate with 13k on it  would the gearbox issue still be on it I’ve done a video with me sat in car pressing clutch but it won’t upload it says it exceeds the 10mb file size 

Compress the file using one of 100 possible apps is what you need to do. On a PC, "Handbrake" is good. If you extract just the audio from any video, the resulting file will be much smaller. On a PC try TAudioConverter.

A 2018 car might well have a newer gearbox version, so we can't be sure your noise the usual gear chatter, but also, with 13K,it's hard to believe it's the clutch....

What is your gearbox code from the build sticker? (see printed sticker in boot or in handbook)

Edited by freemansteve

Ok Steve I don’t have pc so I don’t know how I’ll put the vid on but as regards the gearbox code I’ll have a look and post it on here tommorow once again thank you  it’s forums like this that stop the stealerships from milking honest peoples money 

Typical I drove 4 miles to dealers today they came out to look and it wasn’t rattling I’m assuming it’s because gearbox or clutch was warmed up so they told me to bring it in for a cold start so they can gear it in morning when cold. Also I’ve noticed it’s crunches now and then when going in to reverse is this normal 

No, not normal  - assuming you go into reverse only when completely stationary, and don't rev during the short period the car is in neutral..

This is the same on all cars except the few that have synchromesh on reverse - the 'box needs to be quiescent.

Think I’m going to just put up with the noise as it’s no where near as bad as some of the  cars I’ve heard on you tube mines not that bad really think I got spooked when realising the citigo has gearbox problems. And having seen the statements that vw have written saying there’s no fix and it will not do the car any damage thanks for all your advice Pete 👍