My '04 Octavia VRS - I call it 'The Skoda'

Jwkb98

43 minutes ago, Jwkb98 said:

Cheers I thought they looked like the resistors that you can get online they American plug and play ones. Once i get my electrical issue with the car sorted out I’m doing the deletes soon. Just need to collect the resistors to finish the job. Anyway looking forward to the rest of the thread. 

Edited by octaviavrs170
  • Like 1

Hi man and welcome! 

Nice to see another combi doing the rounds, looks like a stellar example. 

By the looks of things yours was in the same situation as mine, clearly very cared for but needed some tlc lol. 

Im going about things in the opposite way to yourself so it seems, doing all the breather mods and upgrades before refreshing the front and rear end as mine isnt too bad despite some strange noises. 

Do me a solid though and send me the links to the bushes & arms you purchased? Purely so i can have them there when its time to drain my bank account lol

12 minutes ago, Endoof said:

Hi man and welcome! 

Nice to see another combi doing the rounds, looks like a stellar example. 

By the looks of things yours was in the same situation as mine, clearly very cared for but needed some tlc lol. 

Im going about things in the opposite way to yourself so it seems, doing all the breather mods and upgrades before refreshing the front and rear end as mine isnt too bad despite some strange noises. 

Do me a solid though and send me the links to the bushes & arms you purchased? Purely so i can have them there when its time to drain my bank account lol

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-SKODA-OCTAVIA-MK1-99-04-FRONT-2-LOWER-SUSPENSION-WISHBONE-CONTROL-ARMS-ARM-/161440065443?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

I went for oe replacement as I didn’t want the firm ride that poly bushes would give, not very expensive either