Clunk noise from 1st to 2nd to 3rd

Mavver

Hi  I’ve put a few posts on here since owning my citigo 2018 colour edition I’ve noticed recently with windows down there’s a   Metal clunk noise when releasing clutch from 1st to 3rd gear if I let clutch out super slow it’s not there but if I let clutch out normal to me it’s there I can’t hear this noise with driving windows up only when windows down is this normal for citigo thanks Pete 

If it is a "clack" noise then it just a 'feature' of these cars.

All gearboxes do this to some degree (many you won't ever hear), but our cars also don't have much soundproofing, and have thin cased, light gearboxes. Try listening to a gearbox being tested on a bench (I have) and they all sound dreadful.

Depending on revs and how you time changes with use of the clutch, the noise can be minimized.

It is naturally more noticeable at slower speeds (less ambient noise) and with lower gears (bigger cogs involved with more inertia)

I'm wondering that since you are sensitive to the peculiarities of small budget cars, whether you should have gone for a larger sized, more expensive  "family" car!  Or test drive a similar age/mileage C3, or i10 etc...!

• Like 1

No I’m very happy with the citigo it’s just getting used to the different noises  than my last car  what year is your citigo and do you get these noises on yours ie slight rattle on idle and clutch clack noise through gears 

2019 - and yes, I can hear a (quiet) gear rattle in neutral, and an occasional clack (esp changes in lower gears), depending on how I sync engine, clutch and shift.  Not much different to any car I've tried in the last 45 years, but some cars are much quieter than others in the cabin - after all, it's a mechanical system with bearings, shafts, end-float, backlash and more. Sound-proofing apart, the box rattling noises usually are less with an increasing number of cylinders for obvious reasons.