Garmin GVN 60 sat navs

Kobycat

Hi all,

it would appear that my car had a a Garmin GVN 60 sat nav fitted but has been taken out, leaving only the connection lead and support bracket. Is there an up to date replacement for GVN 60 that will connect to my lead and bracket.

Many thanks 

K

Thanks for the reply Grindel. Sorry about the delay in answering been away. That sounds good but being of an age where this high tech stuff is strange to me I get stuck. So how do I do what you suggested. And does it come up on the cars viewing screen with sound as well. Many thanks 

K

On 14/02/2022 at 07:47, Kobycat said:

my car

What car are you talking about? ( The Volvo? )

A Fabia III with the right equipment will display the map on the infotainment system and the sound from the cars speakers.

Thanks, AG Falco

• Like 1

Using an iphone or android device, plug the device into the cars usb socket using your phones charging cable. 

You might be prompted to activate / accept the connection via your phone. Once this has been done you should see a phone type screen appear onto your cars infotainment system. From there you will be able to open your devices maps app. Google Maps, IOS Maps, etc. 

BUT this will use your phones data to work so might need to double check your phones contract. The phones maps are live updated so you wont need to keep updating the maps year on year and its free too, they will also show you traffic and divert you around roadworks and issues. Traditional satnavs are a dying technology as they cant compete with modern smart phone devices. 

Here are a few links for you to read that might help get you connected. Each video is for individual devices. 

8 hours ago, JGrindel said:

BUT this will use your phones data

You can also download maps off line with android auto and then you don't need any data connection.

Thanks AG Falco