Anti Skid Tyre Bocks

Suuntobob

No.

Best just get them and try them.

Maybe worth the PITA of getting down and fitting and then taking them off dirty and cleaning later.   Saves having more suitable tyres fitted for the odd occasion when you have to tow across grass or that you need towed in or out of sites / fields,

• Like 1

The vehicle and the wheels fitted will always back a difference as to how much of a faf the same as with Snow Chains / grips, snow socks.

The widest of tyres on wider / bigger wheels might be the ones most needing them fitted to get moving so long arms are needed to get the strap around the tyre and through the wheel. 

Unlikely the straps will clear the brake calipers, they are fine if you simply want to put them on wheels removed from the car for photographs!!!

There is a reason why snowchains etc never fit in that manner.

They would probably work on the rear wheels of my Yeti as I have the smaller brakes all round, I have my doubts about the front, I will have a look later as I have everything needed to DIY a set, I had some webbing made into sleeves many years back for protecting the edge of plasterboard while I was winching it up from a DIY'ed overhead crane on my renovation.

Hi JR,

do you tow with your Yeti? Is it FrontWD, if so how does it cope on wet grass, I am looking at a 1.4tsi DSG Karoq, and are worried about being stuck in the mud.

I wondering do I need a 4x4 towing 1400KG