Wireless CarPlay, charging

Smert

Hey there,

I’ve a June 2019 Sportline. 

I’m in and out of my car a lot and use Google maps. Would love to switch from wired apple car play to wireless. Wireless charging would also be handy.

Apart from the CPlay2air adapter which looks like a con, what’s is the easiest way to do this? Can my Amundsen be upgraded so there’s wireless CarPlay? Or do I need to buy a newer Amundsen system (would this fit in my karoq)? Or do I just need a new karoq?!

Has anyone retrofitted wireless charging?

Thanks! 

Others will have more expertise here, but my take is that wireless charging 'merely' needs the the base of the phone box to be replaced (under the sliding cover). But wireless car play probably requires the MIB3 software, and that is not a viable update to your car I suspect. Bear in mind that many of us with the MIB3 system would prefer we had the older version, so you may well be happier with your present system!

Also, while the new facelifted Karoq has some nice features such as the Matrix headlights and dynamic indicators, chip shortages mean that many of the assist systems available on the older cars are not yet listed - such as Area View, Park Assist, Trailer Assist, the Canton sound system and Emergency Assist. 

Chris