Skip to content

CJJE

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. CJJE replied to Nebb's topic in Skoda Karoq
    @thamestrader My Amundsen hardware is H22, and software 0276! But my dealer told me at the last service that there were no updates required. You could well be right that Skoda have forgotten about all the cars with early software levels as I also have problems with the map updates. Despite paying for the automatic map updates, the the map date is back in 2024 (although to be honest they seem accurate as I drive around.)
  2. CJJE replied to Nebb's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Hi Ian, Yes I'm just waiting for them to try that one on... But the fault must surely be a design/manufacturing fault not wear and tear? It's their update software that is faulty, and if they try to charge owners just because we are out of warranty we need to publicise their inadequacies I reckon.
  3. CJJE replied to Nebb's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I raised these constant updates with Skoda UK yesterday, to be told today "Our technical team has previously applied a general solution to prevent the reappearing software update for all affected vehicles. As the notification about the update keeps appearing in your vehicle, we would like to additionally investigate this situation with our experts. Please provide a phot of the update notification in the Infotainment system for additional analysis. We apologize for the persistent technical difficulties and appreciate your understanding." I've since sent photos of the first basic message asking me to update the software, and then ones describing what will get updated, and also one showing my car's software levels. Not sure what this will do though apart from confirm their fix hasn't worked on my Karoq!
  4. I always have this activated, as all you have to do to release it is to blip the accelerator. The car will then ease forward (or backward) for you.
  5. No. The display stays the same, and I have stopped the car trying to change its speed for me regardless of where it has detected the speed limit.
  6. This is the cause surely, but your annual mileage seems pretty average, and usually it's the rear discs that corrode before the front as they don't generally contribute so much to the braking effort. So for one of the front discs to corrode more than the rest suggests that either the brakes are unbalanced due to sticking pads etc as discussed above, or a manufacturing defect in the disc.
  7. My car seems to have two ways to detect speed limit signs, either via the map data or via the camera. If it misinterprets a road sign (such as one relating to another road at a junction) then this will override the map data. The camera also fails to see road signs covered by overgrown trees and bushes, or on overhead gantries, or when the sign is not the standard round shape. (I have set the car to only display the current road sign and not change my speed because of these failures... more modern cars may have problems doing this!) Occasionally the map data is also incorrect, and the speed limit is displayed in km/hour rather than miles/hour! There was one particular stretch of dual carriageway where the car would display an 80 sign rather than the correct 50! Chris
  8. I've also been having weekly updates, but assumed they were to do with the 'shop' pages as nothing else seems to have changed on my Karoq. From your description of the speed-limit related problems, I wonder if it's reset the way it treats speed limit signs? In the menu system, I've always had mine to display the current speed limit, but not take any further action. Now and again it flags up a wrong limit as it passes a junction, or where the sign is covered by bushes, but it doesn't change the speed of my car. (I seldom use the cruise control as I prefer to use the speed limiter function and just step the chosen speed up or down manually.) Chris
  9. Karoqs have had automatic map updates via its Internet connection of years - as long as you have subscribed to the Skoda Connect service. However mine seems to have stuck on the August 2024 issue regardless of having the paid subscriptions! You can download the updated maps from the Skoda website, and store them on a USB-C Flash drive, then plug that into one of the USB-C sockets by the gear lever. Leave it in as you drive around, and that should then update your maps. I'm not sure if you have to be driving in an area where the maps have been updated though, as mine seem reluctant to show an updated date on the system information page and it could be I haven't driven far enough to trigger it yet. Chris
  10. CJJE replied to wd20's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Over 5+ years in mine I have averaged 35.6 mpg. The highs are when making making long motorway journeys at 70, when I get 45+, and the lows are winter shopping trips of 8 miles out and back when I get around 30.
  11. That's interesting. I've had continuous subscriptions to both Skoda Connect services since my car was new, but the navigation database hasn't updated itself since August 2024. (Previously it would update in the background every few months.) I've wondered if it was I tried a manual update from the Skoda website, and that file wasn't set up to accept the automatic updates? Chris
  12. The Superb will have its own character decode information, but I do not have access to that.
  13. Same here. They often seem to offer a discount at this time of the year, so my subs have been extended to November 2026. Let's hope the online map updates work this time as my maps still say August 2024!
  14. CJJE replied to mistac's topic in Skoda Karoq
    As has been said the Sportline comes with 45 profile tyres instead of 40s so that's a help. I hadn't seen alloy and wheel insurance anywhere and wonder what it covers? I've kerbed mine a couple of times in Scotland where their granite kerbs can tear chunks out of your wheel rim. But would my driving errors be covered? I'm planning to take them in to be refurbished this spring, and wondering about having the diamond cut silver varnish painted black! I specified DCC on my car due to the many complaints about the ride on 19" wheels. And I have to say there's a vast difference in ride between Comfort and Sport! On my original Bridgestone Dueler tyres I much preferred the Comfort mode which filtered out the sharp bumps but left you in a "floaty" ride - a bit like my old Citroens used to be. But now I've changed to Continental All Season 2 tyres I find the ride has improved and the Standard mode is quite acceptable. Of course the DCC is active all the time, so it could still be improving the ride in any mode.
  15. CJJE replied to survey's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I looked at the Q3 before buying my Karoq, and was amazed to find the Karoq was much better equipped! The Audi dealer was insisting that Audi couldn't provide heated windscreens because they were patented by Ford, and had no answer when I pointed out that VW and Skoda provided them!

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.