Fabia ABS System

Hi all,

About a year ago I picked up a 2017 Skoda Fabia 1.0 MPI for somewhat of a bargain deal, albeit with 67K miles.

I had it MOT'd and after an advisory on the brakes I replaced the rear drums and shoes with "brembo" parts.

Since then I've experienced a few issues;

Living in the UK country lanes I've found on numerous occasions when driving through mud the ABS felt like it kicked in way too early and just completely removed any braking force I was applying,

When this happens the pedal doesn't oscillate like a "normal" ABS but rather fights back against me and unless I pump the pedal again no braking force is applied - somewhat sketchy.

Then more recently my car developed a squeal from the offside rear and I thought it was a suspension bushing as I had a similar problem on the front where a whole bushing came out,

But after lifting the car and trying to spin the wheel it felt and sounded like the drums were dragging, upon disassembly I found this was a very small specific area on the shoes which only happens once every rotation I'm not sure why this is happening.

However, both wheel cylinders appear to be weeping fluid but not enough to trigger any kind of warning light or noticeably reduce the fluid level so I assume this isn't a massive issue?

As well as this, today to test my chances of having ABS I did an emergency stop on a gravel driveway at about 15MPH and I was shocked to find today that the ABS had no effect and I easily locked all four wheels up and didn't stop skidding.

I have no idea what is causing this and theres no fault codes logged on the ECU.

Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

I suspect that binding rear brakes may be confusing your "ABS" unit.

IE an indicated skid or under rotation of one or both rear wheels on muddy/slippy surfaces.

Out of interest, what is an emergency stop like on a proper dry grippy road surface like?