Superb III FL 2.0TDI (190) DSG 4X4 L&K (2020MY) Panoramic sun roof

First of all, once again, greetings to all. As the title says, the option is to buy a Superb. I have never driven a car with an automatic transmission and 4x4 drive. I am interested in the experiences of the owners of these drives, the car has covered 42,000 km and is under factory warranty until the end of September this year.I am interested in the reliability of the DSG and 4x4 drive, as well as the 190 hp engine.Thank you all in advance 🤗

Welcome.

It should be reliable if serviced and maintained properly.  Can you get an extended warranty when the Manufacturers expires?

The Haldex 4x4 system should have been serviced @ 48,000 km or sooner. 

The DSG by 65,000 km.   These need doing to have the Warranty Valid if you cover this distance before September, or if you have an extended warranty. 

If you look at Haldex servicing (4x4 differential) on this forum you’ll see that anyone that cares for their car will do more than what the main dealer recommend, they recommend a oil change, really you should be doing oil change and the filter and or strainer.

other than that, they are very reliable cars, what engine is it?

• Like 1

Thank you for reply.

@roottoot  My plan is to do engine service (oil and all filters) on 10000 km,DSG service on 50000km,Haldrex on 30000km and timing belt stuff on 100000 kms no matter what service book says.But i was thinking more like overall car reliability.I know that there will be problems i just dont want money pit with DSG and Haldrex.All time i was bying older but low mileage cars and i always like to maintain it myself.Here you can have full service contract for 22€ per month with all covered(services,repairs ...) except for damages and the thing is autorised dealer who is selling this car said to me that i cant put new service contract and that thing scares me for a little,others dealers do(but they dont have superb in  lava blue with panoramic roof.

@ApertureSI did and i am planing to overmaintain my car(i know i am crazy and wife will kill me🤪🤪🤪).My engine 2,0TDI 190+dsg(i hope 7speed)+4x4

Hi,

I do own a Superb MK3 estate TDI190 4x4, but DSG6-fitted , since it is a MY2017 one.

I also make all maintenance by myself:

Engine oil + oil filter + cabin filter every 15000km

Air filter + front and rear whippers every 30000 km

Fuel filter + Haldex oil (including pump strainer cleaning, which appears absolutely nowhere in official workshop manuals) every 45000 km --> I've made a "How to guide" for this on this forum. ;) 

DSG oil + DSG filter every 60000 km --> I've made another "How to guide" for this on this forum. ;) 

Brake fluid every 2 years.

Though all these cares, and most of them sooner than Manufacturer recommendations, I faced a coolant pump failure at only 65000km and 4 years. Note: timing belt (and thus coolant pump) replacement is recommended @ 210000 km for this engine 🙄

Skoda France charged me for 10% on the coolant pump replacement  (spare parts + corresponding labor costs). As I took this opportunity to replace the timing belt and accessory belt at the same time, I nevertheless had a remaining bill of ~600€... 😬

I know... I would probably have faced the same problem, even if all maintenance had been done by an official Skoda dealer... But I might had better chances to have it fully paid by Skoda France...  On the other hand, I think all money saved on the maintenance operations I made myself has certainly balanced the bill I had to pay for this coolant pump failure.

Another known issue is front shock absorbers leaking with DCC fitted models. I don't have it, but, bave a look to it before buying. ;) 

Sunroof... I faced a problem on my former Superb Mk2 (sunroof chassis had cracked and I had water leaking along the A-pillar) at around 105000 km on the clock and 5,5 years. Total bill for complete chassis replacement was 2500€ 😮. 'Fortunately', Skoda France charged me 35% of the total bill though age and mileage.

Hence I use the sunroof on my current Mk3 as less as possible! I would rather have a 'simple' panoramic roof instead. I don't really need it can be open. 

Otherwise, currently ~71000km on the clock. Nothing special to complain about my Mk3... Even quite happy with it. I only wish I had bought a TSI280 instead. 😜

• Like 1

On 17/03/2022 at 22:14, Fabijanovicic said:

My engine 2,0TDI 190+dsg(i hope 7speed)+4x4

Stop hoping, all MY2020 TDI190 are DSG7 equipped. 😜

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! Have fun driving it! ;)

Just one suggestion: Get rid of the Pirelli P7 quickly! There are much more efficient tyres (grip, noise, lasting).

If you look for confort: Michelin PrimacyHP4 or Continental PremiumContact 6

If you look for something more sporty : Michelin Pilot Sport4 or Continental SportContact6

These are not the only ones of course. But I've never driven them. Thus I let other owners make additional advices. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bap33 said:

These are not the only ones of course. But I've never driven them. Thus I let other owners make additional advices. 

I realize my sentence may be misunderstood. I've never driven other options than those I suggested above. ;) 

• Like 1

Just for info, I've got DCC too, the car remains very comfy even with Pilot Sport4 in 19" in Normal mode. I only use Comfort mode on motorways, otherwise, I find it too "Marshmallow-like". May be just a question of taste, habits and... health of your back. ;)