2021 Skoda Octavia iv Combi. 1.4 150 BHP.

Hi Folks. Not been on the site for a couple of years now, ( VW and Volvo experience). Purchased our Octavia in January this year from local main dealers and having read some problems that owners have experienced I thought I might add a couple more. I have had the problem of not being able to revert to E Mode when in Hybrid and this when almost stopped and battery well charged, and also  "Front Assist not available". I also find that "lane assist"is too severe, having been directed towards the rear of a parked Golf. It was parked in a cycle lane and I can only assume that Lane Assist  was confused probably by the broad white demarcation line. However onto my main reason for adding my "two pennorth". Returned from a short trip in hybrid mode and parked the car in the drive. Some 3.5 hrs later I went out to the car to go on a short trip. pressed the start button and the car went into what I can  only describe as a high revs sound although not the engine. This confused me a bit but I did notice that, having pressed the mode button the car was showing as being in hybrid .I kept my foot on the footbrake and selected reverse, there was no drive also no drive in forward . I pressed the stop button and the problem stopped. I pressed to restart and everything was hunky dory, I continued with my journey. This happened last Sunday and I reported it on the Monday. Unfortunately the local dealer cannot fit me in until  May 11 ( while I wait appointment)and advised if it happened again to call out Skoda assist. Guess what, on Wednesday the same thing happened although there was a message on the dash that said "Maximum Revs"and I also noticed that there were no engine revs. Turned it off and rang Skoda Assist where I explained the problem. They did not have an AA man available but would send one of the men that they use. I insisted on the AA and they organised a visit the following morning. The AA chap tried his diagnostic device but to no avail , it didn't go "deep" enough, and the warnings were lost when the stop button was pressed. AA man tried to get me in to main dealer for a diagnostic but no joy. I think a mechanic with EV experience has recently left. Well, thats it chaps, thought I would throw it into the mix. 

Regards

Bob Simpson

• 1 month later...
On 01/04/2022 at 12:20, cabledeck said:

Hi Folks. Not been on the site for a couple of years now, ( VW and Volvo experience). Purchased our Octavia in January this year from local main dealers and having read some problems that owners have experienced I thought I might add a couple more. I have had the problem of not being able to revert to E Mode when in Hybrid and this when almost stopped and battery well charged, and also  "Front Assist not available". I also find that "lane assist"is too severe, having been directed towards the rear of a parked Golf. It was parked in a cycle lane and I can only assume that Lane Assist  was confused probably by the broad white demarcation line. However onto my main reason for adding my "two pennorth". Returned from a short trip in hybrid mode and parked the car in the drive. Some 3.5 hrs later I went out to the car to go on a short trip. pressed the start button and the car went into what I can  only describe as a high revs sound although not the engine. This confused me a bit but I did notice that, having pressed the mode button the car was showing as being in hybrid .I kept my foot on the footbrake and selected reverse, there was no drive also no drive in forward . I pressed the stop button and the problem stopped. I pressed to restart and everything was hunky dory, I continued with my journey. This happened last Sunday and I reported it on the Monday. Unfortunately the local dealer cannot fit me in until  May 11 ( while I wait appointment)and advised if it happened again to call out Skoda assist. Guess what, on Wednesday the same thing happened although there was a message on the dash that said "Maximum Revs"and I also noticed that there were no engine revs. Turned it off and rang Skoda Assist where I explained the problem. They did not have an AA man available but would send one of the men that they use. I insisted on the AA and they organised a visit the following morning. The AA chap tried his diagnostic device but to no avail , it didn't go "deep" enough, and the warnings were lost when the stop button was pressed. AA man tried to get me in to main dealer for a diagnostic but no joy. I think a mechanic with EV experience has recently left. Well, thats it chaps, thought I would throw it into the mix. 

Forgot to mention that I videoed the problem the second time and submitted this to main dealer. Main Dealers were able to fit me in some couple of weeks  earlier than previously mentioned, they checked the vehicle and found no problems, they are submitting the video to Skoda UK. This problem has not happened since. Still waiting to sort out the inability to go from hybrid to electric although this is now an intermittent fault. Just got to sort out why the infotainment screen was black on start up, although a reset (found out how to do this on this website, thanks chaps) fixed this.

Regards

Bob Simpson