allows streaming from your phone to the CarPlay via an app yo can watch TV

YouTube 

sky

and most tv apps 

£100 Ono I can post 

F89193C5-D124-4925-9BBE-D1E1ED00F357.jpeg

Edited by patrolman

Adding a bit to your description.... 

This is an Android device which is used, via Apple Carplay (pretending to be an iPhone basically) in Android Auto/Carplay enabled cars and will display apps full screen e.g Netflix, Youtube, Waze, Maps etc. Has a SD card slot so can be rammed full of music and also a SIM card slot which can be used to provide data - otherwise it needs to be linked to a hotspot on your phone (or to your car if you install a SIM card, which is what I did). Will happily function offline though for local music. 

Connect and forget - boots up everytime the car starts and away you go.

Then, as described above, you can optionally use it to provide a WIRELESS connection for either Android Auto or Carplay from your existing phone - so acts as a bridge for cars Skodas pre 2020 which don't support wireless (ignores the apps installed on the actual device in this mode). 

Decent gadget and works well, does occasionally fight with the car's inbuilt audio. Used mine for a few months while waiting for delivery of my "AA Wireless" gizmo then sold on (for £30 more than being asked here!) 

• Like 1

• patrolman changed the title to Android apple pie wireless car play dongle