Warranty claims

Probably not the right place to post but an article in today's Guardian about how someone reported a possible warranty issue but was told it wasn't covered because the garage couldn't inspect before the warranty expired due to lack of appointments at the dealers.

https://amp.theguardian.com/money/2022/apr/20/skodas-refusal-to-honour-warranty-staggers-legal-experts

The implications  of this policy  would be the dealer could say there were never any appointments available and skoda would never ha e to meet a warranty claim.

They did back down.

15 hours ago, SurreySlowCoach said:

The implications  of this policy...

Who needs a legal expert for this? If I'd been told that then I'd have asked just one very simple question - show me that policy.

And that's where their assumption falls to bits because it's not written anywhere. And if it's not written anywhere then it's not a policy.

In every walk of life there's always someone who thinks they know better, the solution is ask them to prove it.

By the way, it's a misleading headline. It's not that Skoda didn't honour their warranty rather they were never given the chance to honour the warranty. It's a customer service failure, I don't believe for a second it's to save money, it's just another Captain Mainwaring jobsworth.

Edited by kodiaqsportline