Help! Skoda Rapid 1.4

Hey! I purchased a Skoda rapid under a month ago… I’ve been faced with lots of issues. 

leaking windscreen was the first. Next up we have a TPMS light - the master technician is taking it to his house tonight to test if cleaning the reluctor wheel was enough. 

Then we have some more concerning issues. Mainly an error flashing up saying worship only place vehicle in P. Skoda are saying the fault was not logged despite appearing 2/3 times in succession. 

I took the car for its first drive (80 miles) and lost a lot of coolant. I understand this could be due to an air lock but with the other issues I feel like there’s potentially more to this…

what’s your thoughts, should I get a refund/exchange or let fix. Skoda will not replace gear shifter without master technician seeing the error on the dash or in a read out. 

thanks for your support. 
conal 

Welcome. 

Someone will be along to help.

is this a 1.4 TDI with a known Coolant issue and TPI's covering that?

Then the known, Place vehicle in P issue. 

So is this a Skoda Approved Used car with a 12 month warranty. 

From which of Scotland's useless Dealership groups have you bought it. 

If car is not fit for purpose and they can not have it so then you have your consumer protection, best get shot of the lemon.  Reject it. 

• Love it! 1

1 minute ago, roottoot said:

Welcome. 

Someone will be along to help.

is this a 1.4 TDI with a known Coolant issue and TPI's covering that?

Then the known, Place vehicle in P issue. 

So is this a Skoda Approved Used car with a 12 month warranty. 

From which of Scotland's useless Dealership groups have you bought it. 

If car is not fit for purpose and they can not have it so then you have your consumer protection, best get shot of the lemon.  Reject it. 

Hey! Thanks for the response. I’m sorry I’m a bit new to these engines. 

It is the 1.4 TDI with DSG gear box. 

what is the known coolant issue and what is a TPI. Sorry for the questions. 

It is the well known place in P issue. Thanks to previous posts for covering this. 

Yeah it’s approved used with 1 year warranty from West End Edinburgh. 

thanks again. 

• Thanks 1

I just know about with the Fabia Mk3 & the Service Campaign actions.  Pinned thread top of Fabia Mk3 section.  Coolant replaced and water pump failures.

A pal from Hamiltons DIL's 1.4 TDI / DSG was a disaster and needed punted at a big loss.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/426322-recall-on-diesel-cooling-issue/page/5

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/444899-14-diesel-be-dropped

Someone will tell you about Rapids when a mod moves to the Rapid section, i flagged it for them.

All the best with things.  I would get shot and count yourself lucky.   As for West End Edinburgh , shame on them.  They need to get a grip. 

Edited by roottoot