Throttle pedal readings VCDS

b1ackb1rd

This question may have been answered a 1000 times, if it has, apologies. 

I have shocking fuel consumption, poor acceleration and at times a fluctuating idle.

I've connected to VCDS which shows throttle pedal resting at 15% depression with mats etc moved, and only 89% depression with the pedal flat. Slight pressure on the pedal (only enough to change from ---mpg to  200mpg on the live readout) when coasting shows the pedal at 60% depression.

2012 Yeti Greenline, is my throttle pedal leaving the party early? 

1 hour ago, b1ackb1rd said:

I have shocking fuel consumption, poor acceleration and at times a fluctuating idle.

I've connected to VCDS which shows throttle pedal resting at 15% depression with mats etc moved, and only 89% depression with the pedal flat. Slight pressure on the pedal (only enough to change from ---mpg to  200mpg on the live readout) when coasting shows the pedal at 60% depression.

I'm not certain, but I think you may be incorrectly assuming that the pedal mapping is linear with the physical travel.

27 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

I'm not certain, but I think you may be incorrectly assuming that the pedal mapping is linear with the physical travel.

Pedal mapping will be linear. Throttle postion will not.

Your pedal will only move between 10 and 90% as either side of these are error checking areas. Its also used as part of a kick down on automatics.

Your pedal movement sensor should move linearly with pedal pressing. Please also measure both position sensors at the same time and use the graph function and post a photo here.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

I see what you mean, but that's not quite what I'm rabbiting about ... I don't understand why the pedal position sensor is 15% at tickover, and only 89% with my foot flat on the floor?

Google searches show only 'throttle body' type answers, not helpful. 

34 minutes ago, b1ackb1rd said:

I see what you mean, but that's not quite what I'm rabbiting about ... I don't understand why the pedal position sensor is 15% at tickover, and only 89% with my foot flat on the floor?

Google searches show only 'throttle body' type answers, not helpful. 

Look at my message above. The pedal being between 10-90% is perfectly normal, its when it drops above or below that there are faults. 

Throttle pedal is not what you should care about at any speed for this situation - its throttle body position that matters. The pedal is nothing more than a 'load request'

@ApertureS Thanks, I think our earlier messages crossed as I've just seen it. 

By throttle body, do you mean ASV as I have previously removed this and cleaned it of excess diesel residue - should I have performed a reset once it was refitted? 

• 1 year later...
On 12/06/2022 at 11:50, b1ackb1rd said:

Did you ever solved it? I've the same problem. Crazy fuel consumption and throttle response is bad at idling

2 hours ago, Ugii said:

Did you ever solved it? I've the same problem. Crazy fuel consumption and throttle response is bad at idling

Hi, welcome.

If you've not already done so you could try searching or asking on the 'Skoda Yeti' forum. - https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/151-skoda-yeti/

Obviously you'll have wanted to clear the basics, proper servicing, maintenance and perhaps the further cleaning of the engine and fuel delivery as well as the DPF being reasonably clear.  Timely changes of engine oil and filter and air filter and other engine servicing and maintenance.  If you have any scan reports they can be useful.  And if you have any warning lights or messages (or constant error codes).

Good luck.