Night driving in Europe

paco

I don't know whether it is true for all versions, but I have seen an option in the menus for my car. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm going in just over a week so I'll be rechecking soon. You should really change the beams whether you are driving at night or not, as you may well be driving in poor weather conditions or in areas with many tunnels.

Edited by Routemaster1461

Ok thanks, what does it say in the menu and where ? I find the book and menus very confusing 🥴

You may not notice a huge difference in the beam pattern. I have questioned Skoda UK about this in the past. They assure me that the setting makes the correct adjustments.

If push comes to shove - show the Gendarme the setting and let them make their mind up!

56 minutes ago, vegit8 said:

You may not notice a huge difference in the beam pattern. I have questioned Skoda UK about this in the past. They assure me that the setting makes the correct adjustments.

If push comes to shove - show the Gendarme the setting and let them make their mind up!

I'm not sure what the issue is here! Many cars now have adjustable headlights.

9 minutes ago, Routemaster1461 said:

I'm not sure what the issue is here! Many cars now have adjustable headlights.

My point was that even with the setting made for ‘right hand driving; the beam pattern looks little different. I have certainly been flashed a number of times when driving in France at night. How much of that is alignment or just a general dislike of LED headlights I do not know..