How much money should I be looking at...

... To check one specific abs sensor? 

Parked on a bend, my Wheel dinged a kerb just as I turned the ignition on and pulled away and the abs lights all came on! Garage says they checked the sensors, vcds says abs ecu unit fault, implausible signal, so need to send abs unit back under lifetime warranty cos it was done 2 years ago with 1130 fault and that's what it is saying,... Code 046a implausible signal, so basically same as 1130.

Ecu company said to check the sensors were deffo tested by taking it above 10mph on a rolling road or just driving around plugged in to check the speed rating is correct, but no idea if the garage checked it this way or not. 

Is it black and white to check sensors and therefore just trust the garage or should I be making sure it was checked that specific way? If I got another garage to specifically check one sensor to alleviate my anxiety, how much am I probably looking at for just off side rear to be checked? 

(ecu out and sent away is a week without my car and extra expense if they find nothing wrong if the garage has got it wrong) 

8 hours ago, blackspaven said:

Ecu company said to check the sensors were deffo tested by taking it above 10mph on a rolling road or just driving around plugged in to check the speed rating is correct, but no idea if the garage checked it this way or not.

Never heard of anyone applying this test to ABS sensors before.

8 hours ago, KenONeill said:

Never heard of anyone applying this test to ABS sensors before.

So can you test a sensor and the signal it's sending to the ecu unit very simply then, first port of call sort of thing even if the fault reader is saying main ecu?