Yeti Boot Lid

darfash01

Hi

Had a flat battery recently, called the RAC who came and found that I had a parasitic battery drain. He opened and shut the boot lid a few times and it eventually stopped draining. The drain was  about 1.2 mA/h and he said this was a probable microswitch fault in the boot. Is this drain of 1.2 mA/h right for a microswitch fault? And should I be ''slamming'' the boot lid closed in future. And does this mean a completely new lock to fix the problem?

Thanks for any replies in advnced.

Darfash

I'm not sure 1.2mA leakage would be a worry? I imagine the alarm and remote door system would draw at least 10 times that? On the basis a typical car battery is 50 A/hour I calculate 1.2mA drain on it would last 41666 hours - or roughly 4 years 9 months! Having said that if your fault has cleared by operating the tailgate repeatedly it does sound like the switch may be faulty, but it would need to be 10s or 100s of mA drain to cause a problem.

• Like 1