Back in the fold!

I used to have a 2014 TDI VRS DSG Estste, but had to sell it due to a divorce etc at the time, I’ve just done a deal on a 69 plate TDI DSG VRS 4x4 estste, and it feels great to be having a Skoda agsin really missed mine, pick it up in a couple of weeks once it’s had a few jobs done on it!

Anyway, it has a tow bar, I won’t need that but I’m curious to know if this is one of the tow bars that can have the actual tow hitch unclipped then it will look clean at that back, then at least in the unlikely event I ever had to tow anything then I can just clip it back in and away I go!!!

Thanks in advance 

DB9C576A-C2F6-4AE8-98F2-774A6809C99C.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi James, yes it is a removable hitch, if it's locked it will need a key, if it isn't you press the button that's sticking out and at the same time you press the lever on the right side, just be aware it will drop down, be ready for that there quite heavy. 

1 minute ago, NZ100 said:

Hi James, yes it is a removable hitch, if it's locked it will need a key, if it isn't you press the button that's sticking out and at the same time you press the lever on the right side, just be aware it will drop down, be ready for that there quite heavy. 

Brilliant, so I can just remove it and have the clean look and pop it back on should the need ever arise, bit of a bonus then really 

Yes, let's hope its not locked. There is a plastic cover that fits in the hole left by removing the towball, it stops water getting in there. Maybe ask if they have one. 

With mine, if the towball is fitted you carnt use eco mode.

Edited by NZ100
X

13 minutes ago, NZ100 said:

Yes, let's hope its not locked. There is a plastic cover that fits in the hole left by removing the towball, it stops water getting in there. Maybe ask if they have one. 

With mine, if the towball is fitted you carnt use eco mode.

so it’s not a universal key then? It’s specific to that tow ball is it? 

You will need the key to remove it. The key can’t be released from the tow bar unless it’s locked. 

When you remove the tow bar the key will be retained in the tow bar. 

I used to keep the key in the little cubby hole by the steering wheel when the bar was fitted.