Hello, a new Karoq owner here.

Vlady

Hi everyone, I bought new to me Karoq couple of weeks ago, it is an Edition model, 69 plates in Velvet Red with under 6k miles. I live in Scotland and the car was bought in Glasgow and maybe a previous owner is on this forum.

I am coming from a Lexus GS and was considering a Skoda for a while now, mostly was looking at Superb but at the end decided to check out Karoq and apart from space at the back (Superb has much more space) the car is great. I did go over Manual and a few videos on Youtube showing different ways to set up the car - it was a while since I had a VAG product.

My previous history with the cars is mostly BMW, 520 E34, 320d E46, 525 E39 and a last one was 525d in E60 guise, not sure many people get these codes. :) Also had a VW Passat, Honda Civic and Renault Laguna, ages ago.

Last 4 years I was driving a GS450h, the car is great but I needed  change and in a current market not many brands or cars I like I can afford. I would gladly stay with Lexus but they do not have anything I really like at the moment plus a I had a Skoda itch for a while - couple of my friends have Skodas and they swear by them. 

The only option I really miss and I really wanted on my Skoda is ACC but it did not came with it, which surprises me as it is not very expensive option but there are not many cars that come with it!

Anyway, sorry for a long Intro, I am off to read all the post on the forum, looking forward to it! 

Have a good weekend everyone!

Vladimir

12 hours ago, bodrot said:

just update from a Rapid spaceback to a Karoq the stereo is friggin awful compared with the Rapid,any ideas 

Do you mean the sound quality or the ergonomics of the infotainment?

I find in my Edition spec music is fine, and I am coming from a Lexus Mark Levinson system with 17 speakers! I don't listen music loud anymore so not really matter to me much, decent music quality is acceptable by me and Karoq provides that, for now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...