Car delivery

Stevie123

This is bizarre. I ordered a new Scala for September 1st delivery and have been told it is available now and I have to take it in July whether I want it or not! Currently asking for my deposit back which I really don’t want….

How much of a deposit and paid to who? 

Ordered from who and do you have  signed contract for delivery of a MY23 model for First Registration in September?

They had no idea what it would cost then.

Are you buying it with cash, finance or is it on a lease.

14 hours ago, Stevie123 said:

This is bizarre. I ordered a new Scala for September 1st delivery and have been told it is available now and I have to take it in July whether I want it or not! 

Sounds like the dealership and/or salesperson trying to maximise their July bonus and minimise the time between them paying the Skoda importer for the car and you paying them for it?

The build date / build week of the car will be interesting. 

Was it built in 2021 and waiting on parts to complete so has sat around for over 6 months already. It is a MY22 car. 

Skoda are moving their backend now to get cars completed and into the UK and First Registered before the factory goes over to producing MY23 cars 

but also the cars they need First Registered to achieve the 'Average Co 2' figures. 

Production might be slow later on this year and not enough 'Electrified' vehicles are First Registered to assist VW Group in the UK to avoid being fined.

The Dealership / Supplier has an issue with this car in now and it getting first registered and then the Warranty being started and also paying for the vehicle.

The Dealer Principal is the person to talk with and not just a sales executive. 

• Like 1