Water in diesel!

Hi folks. Need some advice if poss! I cleaned my car the other day and decided to open up the fuel flap and just quickly hose around in there, was literally for 2 seconds, so the car after started fine drove it 50 yards to park it back up, that was Thursday. So this morning I went out started the car and after approximately 5 seconds it started to judder this lasted around 15 seconds and it has seemed to clear itself after driving about 12 miles. I have just over half tank of v power diesel would it be worth filling the tank right up just so it flushes it through? Car is a 60 plate vrs.  Would be grateful for some advice thank you👍

Diesel and water don't mix so filling the tank won't "flush" anything.

The fuel pickup is at the bottom of the tank so any water will be drawn up first and captured in the fuel filter/canister which can be checked visually at the next filter change.

Ok will do the filter was only changed around 10000 miles ago as well. As it seems fine now would you say maybe it's done it's thing? The amount of water was so minimal as well! Fingers 🤞

If the fuel filler cap is in good condition and was fitted correctly there is no cause for concern, it may just be a coincidence that you are attributing to water in the fuel where there is none.

Yeah it always is mate I always turn it till it clicks. Maybe your right just a coincidence, il see how he runs and take it from there I think. Thank you for your advice mate much appreciated 👍