5 Year Extended Warranty

Hi all.

I decided to sign up for the 5 year 100k extended warranty for my new 1.5 TSI SE L. Haven't actually paid for it, but will have to this week as its with the dealers, assuming I decide to go ahead. There is no way I'll hit 100k in 5 years due to being permanently working from home now.

Are there any gotchas with this? Or is the warranty the same as the 3 years? I could ask the dealer, but pretty sure the hive mind here will give me better info. Paying £575 if that matters. I feel this is a good investment for any future problems. Surely after 5 years the software will be stable?!

Didn't take up the the £349 Autoglym.... :D

Cheers.

It is the same as the factory warranty for 3 years, 

I think it with the factory, rather than a warranty provider, but has to be selected before registration (can be added at any stage of ordering or delivery process, as long as car isn’t registered)

• Like 1