Fuel filler cap seal replacement?

My Fabia 1.2 HTP is due it's MOT soon and last years advisory was for the fuel filler cap seal being cracked or perished. Are these an easy job to change?  

Thanks.

With time running out and you having not done anything about this, it might just be easiest to buy a new filler cap, Skoda will, I'd think without checking up on a parts listing, sell a new cap seal for very little money.

Edit:-1K0201557A is one number for a seal. 

Edited by rum4mo
  • Like 2

On 21/08/2022 at 22:12, rum4mo said:

With time running out and you having not done anything about this, it might just be easiest to buy a new filler cap, Skoda will, I'd think without checking up on a parts listing, sell a new cap seal for very little money.

Edit:-1K0201557A is one number for a seal. 

Many thanks rum4mo, the part number was spot on. £11.05 and a 30 second job to fit. I must remember to not sort out advisories at the last minute! 

• Like 1

You would be surprised at how many people think an advisory is something for NEXT YEARS MOT! It only means you scraped by, this time! I have lost count of the amount of people who have told me they have issues, such as lights, brakes, tyres that need addressing so they will do it "At the next MOT"...

• Love it! 1

That sounds quite expensive for a fuel cap seal, but when I looked on line at the time you asked that question, everything being sold on ebay was a similar price.

One thing about searching on ebay for replacement fuel cap seals was that I "bumped into" fuel cap replacement lanyards - that was something that I was looking for many years ago - but there were none and it seemed that the only solution would be a new cap, now I need to be aware of which version of replacement parts each of our cars use - just in case!

• Like 1