Engine Cover Octavia VRS

My car has been delivered after a year and two days and is excellent so far.

The Car is not fitted with an Engine cover and the story is that there is a problem with the design and a new will be issued and due course whatever that means.

Does anyone have the same experience or know any more about this situation.

Thanks

The sales person doing the handover should have explained about the issue that required a Recall to have the Engine Cover of 2.0 TSI's removed and that the new improved non issue covers are not ready so new cars are delivered without them. 

They should have told you that when they are available you will be contacted. 

• Like 1

Same problem. But my seller say to me than this car dont have cover at all. In that moment I thinking that he is little stup...  Because he dont explain the problem to me, maybe he didint know :D

Do any of the members know whether Skoda dealers are automatically removing the covers (and not putting them back on) when cars are being serviced. Thank you.

1 minute ago, phh683 said:

Do any of the members know whether Skoda dealers are automatically removing the covers (and not putting them back on) when cars are being serviced. Thank you.

I think someone in the Karoq section mentions this happening.  

That is what is supposed to happen.

It is a DVLA Safety Critical Recall.

So you would have to tell the person at the Service Desk when signing in the car and handing over Keys that they should not Keep Your engine cover.

You own it. 

Or you remove it before putting in the car.   If they take Your Engine Cover they should give you a receipt and information on the replacement.

You bought the car or leased it, and you bought an Engine Cover.   You own it, or are the keeper of the car. 

If they are not providing an Engine cover with a New Car and never going to then that is an issue. 

That should clearly be explained to the new owner and them being contacted when the new revised covers / fitments are available,

Edited by roottoot