Rear quarter glass replacement

asmad

Hi, I've recently had my rear passenger side quarter glass smashed by some bugger. It's a 2008 MK2 Fabia hatchback.

I've looked all over for a guide to replace it but have not been able to find anything helpful online.

Anyone tackled this job before or know of a handy guide? Any help would be very much appreciated. 

I've also discovered that it's not exactly the most readily available bit of glass to buy.

Thanks for the diagram UrbanpPanzer.

I'd found used quarter windows for sale complete with seals on eBay, but they had to come from Lithuania and postage was a bit much.

I'll try a few more breakers locally and see if I can source one. The schematic should help.

I assume removing the movable rear window is same as a mk1 Fabia? Seen a few videos on YouTube showing this bit. I've had the door card off for a look and to clean up the broken glass, but couldn't see where the bolts were. Now I know there are 3 & 7 in the diagram.

As a side note, I've used Gorilla transparent tape to seal the window inside and out and it's doing a great job (for now). 

I had a similar experience with a Tpyota Yaris window being broken once... It actually cost much less at a main dealer then elsewhere. (£27 back then, when claiming on the windscreen cover would have had an excess of £75 and the glass was around that, to buy elsewhere, too).

Might just be worth getting a dealer price first. You will also know its genuine glass and brand new, although I expect it will be a little more expensive now.

• Like 1