Powerpass/public charging

Smk82

I’ve had another electric car for about 2 years which is due to be replaced by the enyaq (if they fix it-another story).

I was hoping to sign up for the Powerpass for the years Fred faster charging but see the offer has been discontinued in April (annoying), so have to question is it worth it? 

yes, you get a bit of convenience as it combines a lot of networks to one card, but nowhere have I seen a list of their partners (other than - look in the app), and I wonder if the prices offered more are (for the free one) cheaper that day octopuses electric universe card, and do I run the risk of duplication?

just trying to cut down on all the apps etc that seem to be breeding for public charging..

I pay the £9.99 and get the reduced Ionity rate, which I use frequently, but also on various other networks for just 35p instead, so feel I still get a decent price and offering. If you’re counting your pennies at every charge and only charge infrequently away from home, it might not be for you.

1 charge of 50kWh on an Ionity:

50*0.25=£12.5

50*0.69= £34,50

£22 saved on one (full) charge outweighs this and next months fee, so in my eyes, it works great

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I signed up for the 9.99 contract when I went to France in June and the only other time I've really used my powerpass card was when I went again in August. The money I've saved on those two trips compared to the full price ionity (let alone petrol) have more than made up for the cost of a year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...