Can't Make Sense out of Mk4 Brochure - what is standard equipment?

ZaphodB

Looking at the 'New' Fabia (Mk 4?)

I'd like Sat Nav, Apple Car Play/Android Auto, Heated Front Windscreen, Front & Rear Parking Sensors (with rear camera ideally), Heated Washer Jets, Heated & Electric-folding Door Mirrors, Auto (or Manual) A/con or Climate Control.  Heated seats and/or steering wheel would be nice.

I've read the online Fabia brochure TWICE now and 

(brochure helpfull says that "Models shown are not UK specification" and that "Some of the equipment shown is optional")

The SE-Comfort lists a total of 23 items of "Standard Equipment" including such things as 'Black Painted Air Vents', 'Grey Fabric Seats' and 'Parking Sensors' (rear only or front & rear - it doesn't say).

The SE-L lists Sat Nav, dual-zone Climate Control in the "Standard Equipment".

The Colour Edition & Monte Carlo - no idea as to what the "Standard Equipment" list is.

Do they both include the 'Glass Cockpit' as standard *shrugs* (it seems like they do).  However does the 'Glass Cockpit include Sat Nav?

There is a whole list of Optional Equipment and it helpfully tells you which car these can be ordered for (and for some items, which are standard) but I can't figure out whether the Amundsen Sat Nav is available for the SE-L or whether it is only a cut-down version.

The only way there seems to be to find out the standard specification for each model is to use the 'Build Your Own' configurator?

Any help gratefully received

Zaph

The trick to reading the specs is ignore the pages with glossy photos, then go to the pages marked Optional Equipment.

If it has a black circle it is fitted, a white circle is optional (with cost next to it), a dash means can’t have it in the spec you choose

https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/775d73bc-eb9d-4a50-911e-863d73b99333

eg Amundsun is £110 option on SEL, and virtual cockpit (digital dashboard) is £480 on SEL, but standard on colour edition and Monte Carlo

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

The trick to reading the specs is ignore the pages with glossy photos, then go to the pages marked Optional Equipment.

If it has a black circle it is fitted, a white circle is optional (with cost next to it), a dash means can’t have it in the spec you choose

https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/775d73bc-eb9d-4a50-911e-863d73b99333

eg Amundsun is £110 option on SEL, and virtual cockpit (digital dashboard) is £480 on SEL, but standard on colour edition and Monte Carlo

Thanks for the reply, but I'm still puzzled.

On page 15 of the brochure you linked to in your post, it says "Standard Equipment" and under "Entertainment & Communication" it says "AMUNDSEN NAVIGATION SYSTEM WITH 9.2" COLOUR DISPLAY" (see below)

image.thumb.png.4e394021b90ba1c7a3d7fd6957b73295.png

yet on page 28 under "Optional Equipment" there are TWO lines with two different prices (£891.67 and £91.67) for the Amundsen Sat Nav and the clear circles indicate they are both options (see below).

image.thumb.png.c4e4212593811098f0023ddb58b3cac0.png

The on-line car configurator also seems to imply that the 9.2" Amundsen Sat Nav is part of the Standard Equipment:

image.thumb.png.1bceb92547664b7f80d5f99acf9e4dde.png

So, is the Options List on page 28 incorrect?  They can't both be true.

Zaph

@ZaphodB It looks like Colour edition and Monte Carlo the £1070 is adding Amundsen (& traffic sign, and voice control, care connect for 1 year) but on the SE-L it is only £110 as most of it is already there, and only really gaining the traffic sign recognition.

But I agree would have been better if they had just separated them, and just put traffic sign added to Amundsen for SEL spec.

As for care connect for 1 year, it is putting it in same category as screen wash, a short term consumable.  Not a feature that will still be there and working in a decades time when car is old.  

Personally the idea that you buy a car and one part will be dead a year later, rather puts me off.   They should either remove it, or make it work for at least 10 years.

1 hour ago, BoxerBoy said:

I gave up on a new Fabia as the spec options were not to my liking at all.  Silly pricing.

We have a Polo R on order. And that needed 3 extras.  Oh plus paint too.

What?

VW Don't even paint them now 😁

I'm guessing you mean metallic or pearescent paint rather than the bog-standard "Mars Red"??

Will take a look at the Polo.  Does it have/can you get an electric heated windscreen (one of my "must haves")

Zaph

3 hours ago, ZaphodB said:

What?

VW Don't even paint them now 😁

I'm guessing you mean metallic or pearescent paint rather than the bog-standard "Mars Red"??

Will take a look at the Polo.  Does it have/can you get an electric heated windscreen (one of my "must haves")

Zaph

I don’t think you can get a hot screen on many/any small cars.

On the Polo I’ve ticked boxes for hot seats, KESSY and spare wheel. And paint.

Black, white and primer grey are not colours.