Struggle to start

Hi guys I’ve got a 2008 octavia vrs diesel. I’ve noticed when the car has been driven and got up to temp it struggles to start at first. Once I turn the ignition a few times then turn it over it starts fine. I’m haven’t got a clue as to what it could be, any help would be appreciated! It won’t allow me to upload the video to show 🙃Thanks 

1 hour ago, Jackparker23 said:

It won’t allow me to upload the video to show

1. So put the video on a site like Youtube, and then link it here using the link control.
  2. Check the fault codes, ambient temperature sensor and engine temperature sensor.

It sounds very like the well known hot no-start issue caused by a weak battery/starter motor which fails to turn the engine over fast enough before fuel is introduced, when cold this RPM threshold is lower or non existent so starting is usually without issue.

If you can replicate the issue consistently, try getting a boosted jump start to see if the extra battery power solves things, and if so, consider a replacement battery.

https://youtube.com/shorts/BZPnPxwmcBk?feature=share

that’s the video.

I’ve plugged it in before and nothing has come up on the reader. I also got it serviced but because of the diesel filter housing they couldn’t access it because of the bolts apparently so that hasn’t been changed.

So best of trying to start the car of a new battery or one that is working fine?