VRS, strange noise appearing to come from inside the dash

nez1971

So only a few weeks after spending over £500 on a new water pump, now another problem.

Its a strange one and i can't find any other threads that would seem to relate to it. When I turn the ignition on (but not turnover the engine) there's like a knocking/tapping noise that sounds like its coming from inside the dash close to the passenger side door. Probably does this for about 30 seconds then stops. If i start the engine and rev it whilst the noise is happening it will speed up with the revs, but still stops after 30 seconds or so.

Had my head in the engine bay...thinking that noise is carrying through from there but doesn't seem to sound like it.

I'm no mechanic but i thought things like the fuel pump start doing things just when the ignition is switched on without turning over the engine and there must be other components that become active. But bearing in mind where this seems to be coming from i currently have no idea. 

Just to add heating isn't switched on so i guess its not related to that

Any suggestions ??

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Update on this, it is the recirculation flap motor. Seen other posts on here with quotes of £500 + to get it replaced by Skoda dealer. Think i can get someone to fit it for me, but just wondering what other people who have had to replace it went with regarding buying the part, new or second hand, or non genuine part.