Missing cooled glovebox function on new Karoq Style

Psicho1986

Hi, I've just received my new Karoq Style 2.0TDI with 4X4 and DSG, model MY23. I was super excited to be contacted by the dealer to establish the delivery, and once I got behind the steering wheel and started messing with the functions and buttons I've realized that the glove box doesn't have the vent dial for the cooling function. The dealer was clueless to this, and once I pointed out we started checking other Karoqs and all were equipped with it, even entry level Ambition trim with 1.5 TSI. Is there anything I can do about this, should I force the dealer to fix this on warranty? The thing is on Skoda configurator in my country I can't find this function, not even as part of a pack or something, and I new this was something part of Skoda simply cleaver and was included by default, since I have it in my Skoda Octavia MK3 facelift from 2017 that is an entry configuration and on my wife's Skoda Octavia MK2 from 2005.

A similar thread to your here, they are being removed from cars to save pennies or the environment.

I did mention that it could probably be retrofitted, but that you would need to remove a cap on the ventilation system to see if cold ❄️ air comes out, if so then you could probably add it.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/505891-cooled-glove-box/

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for the effort. I’ll follow the thread on the Scala topic. I don’t think this will affect warranty. But i’m really disappointed with Skoda for this, I mean the hole is there, is just a small part, I’ve lost my trust in this car from day one, no I keep wandering what other parts are missing or of lower quality. 

I too am disappointed with Skoda as my new a Karoq sel does not have the option to change the headlights to rhd when previous models did so 😡