Crankshaft position sensor

Gondard

I'm currently trying to replace my crankshaft position sensor. Fabia VRS BLT. And what has seemed to happen is that this middle part of the sensor comes out and this outer sleeve does not want to come out. So it looks like what I'm going to pull out is much smaller than the replacement sensor I have. Is there a way of taking this sleeve out because it seems extremely difficult and access is very limited. Or can i leave that sleeve in and is there a type of sensor that fits in that sleeve?  

Also the bolt holding the sensor is rusted so i need a replacement. Would anybody be able to point me to the OEM part number? 

I'm also looking for the OEM part number of the bolt holding the oil cooler into the block too if someone could find me that too.

Thanks for reading.

Sorry, just realised that it's the part number of the sensor retaining bolt you wanted...

uuu87655.png

Edited by TMB
  • Love it! 1

7 hours ago, Gondard said:

I'm currently trying to replace my crankshaft position sensor. Fabia VRS BLT. And what has seemed to happen is that this middle part of the sensor comes out and this outer sleeve does not want to come out. So it looks like what I'm going to pull out is much smaller than the replacement sensor I have. Is there a way of taking this sleeve out because it seems extremely difficult and access is very limited. Or can i leave that sleeve in and is there a type of sensor that fits in that sleeve?  

Also the bolt holding the sensor is rusted so i need a replacement. Would anybody be able to point me to the OEM part number? 

I'm also looking for the OEM part number of the bolt holding the oil cooler into the block too if someone could find me that too.

Thanks for reading.

UPDATE: I got the sleeve out. It was actually part of the sensor if anybody else is reading this forum in future. See the image attached. The rest of the sensor needed to be pulled out with needle nose pliers after lots of persuasion. The next problem for me is that the new sensor will not go in. It takes a lot of force to get back in. If anybody has any ideas how to get it back in it would be appreciated. Otherwise i will update when i find the solution 

IMG_20221217_144237.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

It should go in pretty easily. Have you got the right part?

I got the right part with the right part no. Its not an OEM brand though. I think that's the problem. What are the OEM brands so I can buy one thanks.

3 minutes ago, Gondard said:

I got the right part with the right part no. Its not an OEM brand though. I think that's the problem. What are the OEM brands so I can buy one thanks.

There are some genuine ones on ebay....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3814320.m570.l1313&_nkw=038957147F&_sacat=0

• Love it! 1