Fabia Mk3 1.4TDI Dual Mass Flywheel

bris24

Hi,

I know this has been covered before in this forum but would like to have some updated costs and thinking.  So any help/comments will be gratefully received.

My Fabia has had a rattle comming from the clutch area which a RAC guy and garage says is from the Dual Mass Flywheel (DMF).  The noise started about 6months ago but hasn't got noticeably worse since.  There is a clear rattle at tick-over which disappears when the clutch is depressed.

I took it to our local garage to get it replaced but they thought it was not bad enough to replace just yet and to do the replacement when it got appreciably worse.  Also they said it would be fairly expensive maybe up to £1500.  Apparently TPS quoted something like £800 for the kit which included a solid flywheel, a drive shaft and the clutch parts.  They said that this was a modification kit and after the replacement the car would need a software update which involved increasing the tick-over revs.  However this kit was not available at the time and because of this and the cost decided to delay replacement for a while.

However has anyone had the DMF replaced in a 1.4TDI recently and if so what was the cost and were VAG parts or OEM parts used?  Was a solid flywheel fitted and was a software update carried out giving an increase in tick-over revs?

• 2 months later...

Hi, The flywheel was getting noisier and noisier.  Very much a clanking noise during tick-over.  So I have now had the flywheel clutch etc replaced with the Skoda modification kit.  This includes a solid mass flywheel, all clutch parts and a replacement driver's side drive shaft with CV joints.  This kit is pt.no. 6V0198406 cost approx £900 incl vat from TPS.  The job cost about £1265 at a VAG independent garage.  My local Skoda dealership wanted nearly £2000.

The car is certainly a lot quieter and smoother now.

Hi, I've got the same problem with my 1.4 tdi fabia. my dealer also wants 2000 EUR for the same kit + 5 hours labour.

how much did you end up paying ?

Hi, As mentioned in my post.  The kit including vat was approx £900 (UK pounds) and total including labour was about £1265.  2000euro for the kit doesn't look correct.  You can search on the part number for the kit (6V0198406),  Hope you sort it OK.