Central locking

Shuttlebasher

Hi All

i wonder if anyone has come across this issue and is it an easy fix please.

i have an issue with the central locking when I open my 2018 karoq using the handle  and start the car, and  then start to drive the lock button on the consul flashes and tries to lock and just keeps trying, I noticed today that if I lock my car by the handle the boot did not lock.

but when I use the key  fob it’s fine

3 hours ago, Shuttlebasher said:

if I lock my car by the handle the boot did not lock.

Have you checked the boot lock with the key fob far away from the car?

The boot lock detects the proximity of the KESSY key fob and lets you open the boot, locking it again when you close it (the directional lights flash).

Edited by agedbriar

14 hours ago, agedbriar said:

Have you checked the boot lock with the key fob far away from the car?

The boot lock detects the proximity of the KESSY key fob and lets you open the boot, locking it again when you close it (the directional lights flash).

Yes when locked with the key fob from a distance it flashes twice but when my wife tried to open it, it did? Closed it locked it again went away for a while came back and it was locked? 

2 hours ago, irfant said:

Same happened on my car, probably one of your door lock is faulty. It was the passenger door lock, which was changed with a new one

Thanks wonder how you could check or is it one for the dealer another few hundred just had the water pump changed after 25,000 miles 😡

16 hours ago, Shuttlebasher said:

Thanks wonder how you could check or is it one for the dealer another few hundred just had the water pump changed after 25,000 miles 😡

During the drive a clicking noise was coming from the faulty lock where central locking tries to auto-lock

Yes that’s exactly the same as what my car is doing but I have not checked if there is a clicking noise from the doors  

it’s just from the lock button whilst it is trying to lock 

Edited by Shuttlebasher

3 hours ago, Shuttlebasher said:

Yes that’s exactly the same as what my car is doing but I have not checked if there is a clicking noise from the doors  

it’s just from the lock button whilst it is trying to lock 

Maybe a control unit failure (BCM module)

• Like 1