Error: Airbag.

I have been greeted with an amber warning  light and upon starting up I have the above error displayed.  I have scanned my system with my OBDEleven and that resulted with the following code:

B101A15  Crash sensor for front airbag, drivers side. open circuit/ short circuit to B+.

I have tried searching this forum and YouTube but for the life of me I do not know where to start looking.  I have been plagued recently with a rat invasion in my garage..  They have chewed through the washer fluid tubes in my wife's Mondeo and there is evidence of droppings in my engine bay. So my guess is that they have chewed through a wire somewhere.  Of course, once I have found the damage I shall disconnect the battery before attempting a repair.

Can any of you kind people give my some guidance as to where to look.  I guess the crash sensors for the front are somewhere behind the front bumper but is that where I should be looking.

In anticipation of your advice, thank you.

20221213_131803.jpg

Edited by MChris
resizing pic

I spoke to a guy in my garage who used to be a Skoda tech.  He knew the front crash sensors were NOT behind the bumper but between the radiators and the grille.  Access via the plastic bits on the top.  Once the few bolts and plastic fasteners were removed he used a little brute force and looked through the gap.  Found the sensors and found the wire leading from the sensor had been bitten through  in two places.  He cut the broken wire out and soldered a new length in.  Reconnected the battery, plugged in his diagnostic gadget and cleared the codes and the error message never came back. Once reassembled I took the car for a short test drive to clear the myriad of other errors arising from the disconnected battery.  Everything is now working perfectly.  A 45 minute exercise. I gave the guy a reasonable tip for his efforts.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...